Slimband - Chelsea's Weight Loss Story



Hi, my name is Chelsea and I lost 140 pounds with Slimband. I've been overweight my entire life. I remember grade 1 being called the fat girl. And more mean names than that. I wasn't confident; I didn't even go near guys because I thought I was just this total ugly duckling. Nobody would ever want me. So I tried everything, I went from pills, books, programs; anything and everything you've every heard of for weight loss--I've tried it. And the money I sank into it. The emotions I sank into it. Something would work for a month or 2 and then it would stop. And when I saw Slimband, I just saw an answer. But what really brought me to this procedure was I went to the doctor; I hadn't had my blood test done in a very long time. I didn't think I needed to. I was in denial, I was pushing 300 and I just didn't think anything was wrong. So I go and I was pre-diabetic, high cholesterol and I was 23. I was just thinking this is just not how a 23 year old should be going through. Every day I wake up not having to think about anything to do with dieting. I'm just happy, I'm carefree and I'm in the body that I feel like I should have always been in. I just became more confident with myself. I started caring more about what I wore. I started going to shop like Le Chateaus, that's a shop that I would never ever thought that I would fit into. Sitting in an airplane seat without your thighs being squeezed between the hand rests or worrying about getting the extra clip for the seat belt. That use to mortify me if I was traveling. So my thoughts would just always run through how I would burden people around me as an overweight person. And what people would say about me or how they would judge me. And that just slowly went away. I just stopped caring because I just happy with the results I was seeing. I found the love of my life. My fianc? Mike, we were very good friends before I lost weight and it just blossomed into something else and now we're going to get married next summer. Also my career, I'm currently doing archeology for the province of New Brunswick. Which is something that I never thought I would be able to do. It's a very physical job. I never thought I would ever consider myself an athlete but I run about 10 kilometers everyday. I recommended it to my sister. Who is doing awesome, has lost 80 pounds so far. And I recommend it to a lot of people who just said "You know what? You look great and everything I've tried just has not worked." But with this, you just don't think about it anymore. It's a lifestyle now, I don't have to worry; I just eat until I'm full and that's it. And everything else falls into place. I've become more active, and being more active I feel better. Feeling better means I'm more confident. The confidence leads to other things with my career, with my love life. It's been a domino effect but in the greatest way possible. So I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who is struggling to lose weight.